Lipoma and atheroma are benign subcutaneous formations that are not always easy to distinguish by appearance. The institute of plastic surgery “Virtus” currently offers up-to-date method of removal subcutaneous growths – laser lipoma and atheroma removal.
Some reasons of lipoma and atheroma formation:
- obstruction of sebaceous glands;
- imbalance of organism metabolism;
- hormonal disbalance;
- traumas (including psychological ones);
- inherited predisposition (for example, family (generalized) lipomatosis).
Lipoma and atheroma, problem description
Lipoma (so called «fatty tumor») – flexible benign tumor of subcutaneous fat tissue. At its early stage lipoma causes purely esthetic discomfort. But in the course of time it tends to increase in size.
What are the possible consequences of the delayed lipoma treatment:
- Growing lipoma may provoke pressure on the adjacent tissues and nerve endings, therefore it can cause painful sensations over the course of time;
- Long-term lipomas are often get extended and the body of the new growth hangs down (crural lipoma), causing not just esthetic discomfort but the risk of tissue necrosis as a result of blood congestion.
On the contrary to lipoma, atheroma represents subcutaneous cyst, which is also the result of the congestion of excretory sebaceous gland ducts. Externally atheroma has a round shape with clear-cut boundaries and the size range within 5-40 mm (sometimes larger). It is lymphatic and (at the beginning) painless. Most widespread localizations of atheroma are head, face, neck, back and genitals.
What is the cost of the delayed atheroma treatment:
- with time the cyst may burst and turn into ulcer;
- even small size cyst may induce infection;
- there is a high chance of inflammatory process such as erythema, itching, purulence;
- in state of neglect the inflammation may rupture outside into the subcutaneous tissue.
Besides the above problems, any treatment delay many only complicate the existing problems and prolong the recovery period also increasing the chance of scarring!
Nowadays lipomas and atheromas are treated by means of laser surgery in order to remove subcutaneous new growths.
Impeccable qualification of clinic “Virtus” surgeons (best of the best in Ukraine), department of laser technologies equipped with the cutting edge devices made in Italy or Germany, will help you to forget about the above mentioned problems within a very short time.
Prior to the procedure, all patients required to go through the following medical examinations – ultrasound scanning, Cito-tests for Hepatitis, RW, HIV, sugar, anesthetic tolerance test etc.
Lipoma laser removal
Lipoma laser removal is performed under local anesthesia
Laser performs enucleating of the new growth from tissue with simultaneous destruction of the remaining fragments of lipoma capsule and its bed coagulation. Lipoma laser removal procedure takes about 15-20 min.
Upon completion of the procedure the wound is closed by sterile dressing or adhesive bandage.
The recovery period is not associated with any discomfort or complications. Edemas or contamination of the wound are completely excluded.
- oncologic diseases;
- herpes, inflammations;
Atheroma laser removal
The procedure is also performed under local anesthesia.
The cyst is destroyed under the direct action of laser beam and its content is completely evaporated. On the contrary to the surgiсal removal, the cavity inside tumor does not need curettage therefore the chance of a recurrence is excluded.
On completion of the procedure, the affected area is treated with antiseptic and components that accelerate the recovery process.
- pregnancy, breastfeed;
- malignant growths;
- high-grade hypotension;
- special care is taken in case of blood diseases.
The results of lipoma and atheroma removal are shown on the following images
Advantages of laser lipoma and atheroma removal:
- pain free;
- no need for general anesthesia;
- zero risk of contamination due to the laser beam disinfection properties;
- risk of recurrence is practically none;
- the procedure of newly growths removal implies personalized anesthesia;
- procedure time – 15-25 min;
- short recovery period;
- minimal skin trauma, absence of hematomas, edemas and scars;
- affordable price of the procedure.
We are glad to inform you that today you can have professional consultation of the specialists of the Institute of Plastic Surgery “Virtus” in Kiev, Kharkov, Kherson, Dnepropetrovsk, Odessa and Nikolayev.
When it comes to the issues of health and beauty we are always around!