Facilities of the VIRTUS Clinic Efferent Therapy Department
Efferent therapy is involved in the complex treatment of autoimmune, cardiovascular and ENT diseases, as well as allergies, diseases in neurology, dermatology and endocrinology.
The Department of Efferent Therapy at the VIRTUS Institute provides up-to-date, technologically advanced equipment for performing gravitational blood surgery (extracorporeal blood purification therapy, blood purification «out of the body»), as follows:
- Hemofenix™ apparatus for plasmapheresis (plasma separation process).
Due to the presence of automatic anticoagulant dosage device and system of air sensors in the bloodline, the blood purification procedure is absolutely safe for the patient and results in minimal vein traumatization;
- Matrix-ILBI device for intravascular laser blood irradiation.
The device is equipped with laser light source having a power regulator and specific sterile built-in LED needles.
Disease Treatment By Means of Blood Purification
Most of the patients who seek efferent therapy procedure at the VIRTUS Institute are people suffering from autoimmune diseases. The pathologic overactivity of circulating immune complexes (CICs) in the human blood causes nonspecific immune reactions and thus, worsens the state of health.
Autoimmune diseases that are typically treated by means of efferent therapy include:
- chronic skin dermatoses;
- multiple sclerosis;
- amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS);
- autoimmune pathologies of the thyroid gland.
The efferent therapy procedure is also effective in patients with chronic infectious diseases, purulent or inflammatory processes in the body.
Services and Procedures in Efferent Therapy
The patients of Efferent Therapy Department of the VIRTUS Clinic are provided:
- Ultraviolet irradiation of blood – a method of hemosorption by exposing the blood to particles of optical UV spectrum radiation. Ultraviolet irradiation eliminates pathogenic agents, increases the immune response, activates oxidation processes and improves metabolism;
- ILBI, intravascular laser blood irradiation – an alternative medical procedure in which the blood cells are exposed to low level laser light for therapeutic reasons. ILBI has a positive impact on the immune system and recovery process. It is used in pulmonology, cardiology, urology, stomatology and other areas of medicine;
- Plasmapheresis is a basic procedure of efferent therapy. Plasmapheresis deals with separating plasma (the liquid part of the blood) from the blood cells. Plasma, which contains toxins, antibodies and other pathogens, is removed – and the purified blood elements are returned to the patient’s body. The medical procedure of blood purification is involved in the combined therapy of more than 200 diseases.