Possibilities of the Traumatology and Orthopedics Department of VIRTUS Clinic
The locomotive system diseases not only worsen the health-related quality of life depriving a person of the freedom of movements but also lead to the development of local and general disorders in the organism. Therefore it is important to get a qualified medical assistance as soon as possible so as to avoid negative consequences for health.
Advice of an orthopedist is required if You have the following symptoms:
- constrained movements in the morning or after a long-time period of rest;
- crunching joints at movements or when palpating them;
- swelling, pain in joints, bones or muscles;
- deterioration of joint movement.
It is necessary to consult a traumatologist after the closed injury as well because a person may not correctly assess the degree of injury. The doctor will make the diagnostics and, if required, assigns a therapy in order to avoid development of traumatopathy.
Traumatology and Orthopedics Department of the Frontline Medical Institute VIRTUS has all technical capacities to diagnose and treatment of the diseases and consequences of the locomotor system traumas. In our practice we make use of the modern methods of conservative and surgical treatment as well as of the regenerative medicine possibilities – the cell therapy. Thanks to the use of cell preparations produced out of the patient’s own stem cells high results have been achieved when treating diseases and traumas of the locomotor system.
Treatment of traumas and orthopedic diseases
The Traumatology and Orthopedics Department of the Frontline Medical Institute VIRTUS treats the following:
- arthritis and osteoarthrosis;
- contusions and dislocations;
- wounds of the soft tissues;
- pathology of tendons;
- rheumatic arthritis;
- ruptures and sprains of ligaments;
- treatment of the long-time non-healing fractures.
Due to application of the advanced regenerative medicine methods, the Frontline Medical Institute VIRTUS has achieved a considerable progress in treating degenerative diseases of bone tissues which were considered to be incurable earlier – arthrosis, osteoporosis and others. Cell therapy makes it possible to start up a natural process of the damaged tissue restoration and considerably postpone an operation or avoid it completely. The method can be applied either as a sole treatment or in combination with other treatment methods.
Traumatologic and orthopedic services and procedures
The Traumatology and Orthopedics Department of VIRTUS Clinic provides the following services and procedures:
- debridement of the flesh wounds and application of sutures;
- assistance in fractures, dislocations and sprains of ligaments;
- arthroscopy – a minimally invasive operation performed by a traumatic surgeon if it is necessary to diagnose a condition or treat joints;
- post-injury rehabilitation;
- PRP-therapy of joints – injection of the patient’s own platelet rich plasma. Injections in the joints start up a process of restoration of the cartilages and tendons, remove inflammation and relieve pain;
- Locked joints – injection of medicines so as to quickly relieve pain in the joints.