Facilities of the Trichology Department
The Department is equipped with advanced equipment for diagnosing various hair and scalp problems. Our experienced trichologist can help a patient to make up the correct diagnosis, understand the source of anxiety and get a qualified medical assistance without leaving the Department walls.
Trichologists of VIRTUS Institute diagnose the diseases of hair and scalp with the use of the following equipment:
- trichoscope TrichoScan used for micro video diagnostics which enables to magnify the condition of hair and scalp 200-300 times
- dermatoscope FotoFinder –- a diagnostic unit (microscope) enabling to examine the scalp, assess the structure of hair and hair bulbs (follicles) and count the ratio of hair in the hair growth and hair loss phases
- punch biopsy procedure allowing of sampling a scalp tissue of the patient with the aid of a special punch (scalpel) for further examination. This kind of diagnostic is particularly needed for the patients suffering from scarring alopecia forms
These apparatus are also applied for a dynamical control of the treatment: the trichologist assesses the changes and, if necessary, adjusts the prescribed therapy.
Treatment of the hair and scalp diseases
The trichologists of VIRTUS Clinic assist to cure such hair and scalp diseases as:
- all kinds of alopecia (loss of hair) such as circular and diffuse alopecia, the androgenic alopecia (the malepattern loss of hair) and the scarring forms of alopecia
- seborrheic dermatitis or seborrhea – acne
- neurodermia or neurodermatitis
- psoriasis of the scalp
- dandruff and pseudofungi problems – e.g., head fungus
diseases of the connective tissue
- lichen rubber planus – a disease of the scalp which reveals by itching and violaceous papulas (rash)
- scleroderma – a disease where the skin becomes dense and thick thereby disturbing blood circulation
The treatment course of the hair and scalp diseases depends on the nature of the disease and can last from several months (e.g., in case of pseudofungi dermatitis, treatment of dandruff and seborrhea dermatitis) to about a year in case of various form of alopecia.
Services and procedures in trichology
VIRTUS Clinic provides the following trichological services and procedures:
- doppler imaging of the scalp vessels – improvement of the peripheral blood circulation
- mesotherapy – microinjections of medical preparations in the hairy part of the head
- hair transplant
- FotoFinder and Trichoscan diagnostics