Facilities of Diagnostics Department of the VIRTUS Institute
Prevention is better than cure. Every healthy person is highly recommended to get routine medical check-up, monitor the least pathological changes in the body and stop a disease in time.
The diagnostics department of the VIRTUS Clinic provides up-to-date, technologically advanced equipment for conducting diagnostic examinations of all organs and systems. We are proud to be the first Ukrainian clinic to introduce the technology of non-invasive skin diagnostics in aesthetic and anti-aging medicine.
Using the high-frequency ultrasound skin scanner Skinscanner DUB 22-30 MHz, you can observe the thickness of epidermis and dermis, the condition of elastin and collagen fibers, responsible for the skin youth. At the VIRTUS Institute of advanced medicine, the skin ultrasound is also used for individual selection of anti-aging aesthetic procedures and evaluation of their effectiveness.
The VIRTUS Institute takes advantages of the unique equipment for early diagnostics of skin cancer. With the help of FotoFinder Medicam digital dermatoscope, you can create a «passport» of your own moles. Having this procedure conducted once a year, the person monitors the dynamics of mole change and detects the life-threatening newgrowth.
Diagnostics of Diseases
The Diagnostics Department of the VIRTUS Institute conducts the following medical examinations:
- colposcopy – gynecological examination for timely detection of cervix and external genital pathologies, including neoplasms of mucous membranes and precancerous diseases of cervix;
- hysteroscopy – minimally invasive method of uterine cavity diagnostics. In the most common procedure, the condition of uterine endometrium is observed, the newgrowth is detected, the tissue samples are taken for histological analysis;
- endoscopic diagnostics of the nose, paranasal sinuses, ears and pharynx.
Services and Procedures in the Diagnostic Department
The Diagnostics Department of the VIRTUS Institute offers the following services and procedures:
- ultrasound diagnostics of the skin;
- high-frequency duplex scanning of skin vessels;
- digital dermatoscopy – diagnostics of the skin neoplasms;
- hearing diagnostics – a soundproof cabin, audiometry and acoustic impedancemetry for detecting the type and cause of hearing changes (hearing disorders or CNS (central nervous system) diseases);
- vision diagnostics – biomicroscopy, computer examination of ocular (eye) refraction, optical coherence tomography (OCT), angio-OCT, ocular tonometry, ultrasound of the front-to-back regions of the eye, laser measurement of eye function key indicators;
- endoscopic examination of the ENT organs – a method of visualization through 30-fold optical magnification of the studied area for detecting the least visible structural changes in the organ. Endoscopy is also important for the diagnostics of precancerous conditions of the nasopharyngeal mucosa;
- ultrasound of abdominal cavity, mammary glands, thyroid gland, pelvic organs, etc.;
- all types of laboratory tests;
- ultrasound Doppler examination of the head, neck, lower limb vessels;
- computer 3D-modeling of the results of plastic operations;
- computer tomograph Hyperion X9 PRO (2020 production year) for panoramic and 3D images of maxillofacial area, ENT organs and cervical vertebra.