Possibilities of the Phlebology Department of VIRTUS Clinic
Vein diseases are rather widely spread, particularly with women as they have predisposing pathology factors – pregnancy and birth, as well as the hormone imbalance.
Varicose disease of the lower limbs is the most widely spread pathology of veins which is accompanied with widening the vein walls resulting from the venous return disorder and venous hyperemia in legs. Such pathology is manifested by such signs as swelling, soreness and tiredness in legs in the second part of the day, convulsions (predominantly at nights), appearance of vascular spiders, skin threads and bulging veins. Itching and burning in legs at varicosity arise at the extensive stage of the disease.
Varicosity is a dangerous disease of pedal vessels which threatens with serious complications if not treated appropriately:
- Inflammation of the vessel walls (thrombophlebitis). The disease is accompanied with pains in legs, skin reddening and local temperature rise. Treatment of the thrombophlebitis is a long-term process and needs, sometimes, a hospital treatment
- Trophic ulceration on legs and open skin wounds
- Thrombosis of the deep veins in the lower limbs — this is a dangerous complication because the formed thrombus may tear off and lead to formation a thromboembolia of the pulmonary artery that threatens fatality
Neglected vascular diseases are treated mainly by surgical methods. Modern and timely surgery is easier for the patient and the recovery period occurs easier and rapidly. Non-invasive treatment of varicose is accomplished at the early stages of pathology development, therefore one should apply to a phlebologist whenever the first symptoms of pathology are detected.
The Phlebology Department of the Frontline Medicine Institute VIRTUS disposes of all required equipment for diagnosing, varicose treatment and elimination of the varicose veins. We apply the latest developments in the vascular surgery that make it possible to eliminate pathology and restore health and beauty to legs in the shortest time possible and with minimal intervention.
Treatment of leg veins and vessels
When treating leg veins and vessels at the early stages VIRTUS Clinic applies medication therapy and non-invasive methods that allow of eliminating pathology rapidly and with minimal discomfort. These methods are used in the non-hospital setting and the patient is able, practically just after the procedure, to come back to his or her daily routine. Vascular surgery is justified when the medication therapy and minimally invasive methods of varicose treatment do not produce the desirable effects. The suitable therapy method is chosen by the doctor on the basis of the diagnostic examination results.
Services and procedures in the Phlebology Department
The Phlebology Department of VIRTUS Clinic provides the following services and procedures:
- Duplex scanning of the lower limb vessels (ultrasonography). It is applied for assessing the vein valve function and determining the vessel diameters. Ultrasonography is the most informative method to diagnose the varicose disease;
- Sclerotherapy presnts a minimally invasive and safe technique for treating varicose by injecting a chemical substances which causes vein bonding. With the course of time the sick vein disappears. Foam sclerotherapy (endovenous injection of the foam-like medicine) is used for treating bigger and bulging leg veins
- Transdermal laser obliteration is applied for coagulating very fine veins
- Endovascular laser coagulation means a surgery method ensuring a thermal bonding of a vein with the aid of a laser
- Microphlebectomy is a minimally invasive surgical removal of the varicose vein. There remains no traces of intervention as the cuts are very small and no suturation is necessary