- Surgery duration: 60 – 120 min. (in case of diffuse-local type of fat deposits we perform a number of helpful procedures)
- Type of anesthesia: local/mixed anesthesia (optimal-monitored sedation). The choice of anesthesia depends on size of the operated region and patient’s preference
- Hospital or/and out-patiently: 1-2 days at the hospital
- Recovery: 14-21 days
- Surgeons performing the surgery:
Sergey Kadochnikov, leading plastic surgeon at clinic VIRTUS, Physician of Superior Merit, Candidate of Medicine.
Aleksandr Kornienko, plastic surgeon, Physician of Superior Merit. Performed over 800 successful plastic surgeries.
Lipomodelling and liposuction: what is what?
Many people confuse lipomodelling and liposuction, however they are not the same:
- liposuction just removes subcutaneous adipose tissue;
- Lipomodelling uses excessive adipose tissue for the purposes of surgical correction of certain areas wherever it is necessary. Basically, lipoaspirate is used as a building material for correcting wrinkles, legs relief, increase of breasts shape and size, filling up acquired defects caused by traumas
Worth noting that liposuction and lipomodelling are not the alternative of quick and simple weight loss according to many. First of all, that is a conservative way of body shape correction.
Providing that body proportions are preserved and there are no pronounced appearance defects, patients with excessive body weight may be prescribed to keep a diet, do physical exercises or cosmetology treatments in cases of cellulite.
The most direct indication for liposuction and lipomodelling are existing defects that cannot be corrected by conventional methods.